Social Icons

Thursday 6 September 2012

Red Skin Recovery Day #1

I've been looking for a solution to my red skin for some time now.  This red 'rash' comes and goes, and seems to be getting worse with time.  Every time I see a dermatologist they tell me to use more cortisone steroids, which clears it up temporarily, only for it to come back and over time this has got to the point where parts of my skin are always red.  These places at the moment are my face & neck (last year) and my arms (last month or two), and to a less extent my hands themselves.

I thought for a while it was leaky gut syndrome, which is when the body doesn't fully digest food and your system caused inflammation as an immune reaction to it.  Over the course of a month or two I went on various diets to cut out the rubbish i was eating and only eat extremely healthy (salad and salmon etc), and whilst this helped, the rash didn't really go away.

So now I've stumbled across red skin syndrome and it mirrors all my symptoms.  A few video's i saw looked exactly like my rash and the cause I am told is over exposure to cortisone steroids.  The solution I am also told is total avoidance of them, so that's what I'm going to do.

I'm actually very worried about it, because I don't want my skin to go flaky again, nor to crack or weep the way I know it can.  I hate when my face is all red and there is no sign of relief, but I trust it will be worth it in the long run.  They say it takes 9 months - 3 years to recover and I reackon I can stick it out til then.

That all said, I need your support - So post comments and lets help each other.

Here's my first Australian Red Skin Syndrome Video, hope you like it:

No comments:

Post a Comment